March 6, 2013 by Craig Sutherland
Well, I’ve just seen Stoker (Which is incredible by the way) and shoes play a significant part in the plot, this got me thinking about the greatest shoes in cinema. Check out the following list…
- Forrest Gump‘s ‘Magic Shoes’. ”Mama said they’d take me anywhere. She said they was my magic shoes.” Comfy? – 1/5 They are magic though…
- Cinderella’s Glass slipper, possibly one of the most iconic shoes of all time, I think they might cause blisters though… Comfy? 0/5 They will cause severe injury to your feet if they break.
- The Dudes jelly shoes from The Big Lebowski, he’s a grown man in jelly shoes! Comfy? 5/5 Heck Yes!
- Jonah Hills goldfish platform shoes from The 40 Year Old Virgin, he just needs to sus out eBay next… Comfy? 2/5 Doubtful, definite ankle chaffing!
- The Nike ”Back To The Future 2” shoes, Buy yours here. Yes, they exist! I don’t think they lace themselves mind. Comfy? 5/5 They look like they would do the job!
- The Team Zissou Adidas tennis shoe made for the film The Life Aquatic. Once again, available here. Comfy? 5/5 Good enough for Steve Zissou, good enough for me!
- The ruby slippers from The Wizard Of Oz, Dorothy causes chaos in Oz when she steals a dead witches red pumps, she probably would have left them there if she’d known the shit she’d cause… Comfy? 2/5 not bad for a night out but you wouldn’t fancy walking the entire yellow brick road in them!
Just a quick note, I’ve not seen ”The Red Shoes”, please don’t judge me…
- Cinderella’s slipper: the ultimate must-have shoe (rep-am.com)
- THE BIG LEBOWSKI gets a Shot-For-Shot DOCTOR WHO Remake (geektyrant.com)
- Five Unforgivably Underrated Films (filmlister.wordpress.com)
- Incredible Bill Murray Chalk Mural (entertainably.com)
- I have way too many shoes… (lucypennington.wordpress.com)
- Shoe Addict (sparklesense.wordpress.com)
- Stoker: Movie Review (screencrave.com)
- [Review] Stoker (clairepacker.wordpress.com)
- Stoker (Chan-wook Park, 2013) (faircomments.wordpress.com)