Leave a comment
March 20, 2013 by Craig Sutherland
He’s the American Psycho with The Prestige to play Batman, He suffered Harsh Times on the set of Terminator Salvation but didn’t become Public Enemies with anyone once he struck a good Equilibrium in The Dark Knight. He traveled to The New World and became the Empire of the Sun.
- Bale is Welsh he was born on the 30th January 1974 in Haverfordwest.
- Met his wife through Winona Ryder; she was Ryder’s personal assistant.
- Dropped an amazing 63 pounds for his role as the emaciated insomniac Trevor Reznik in the film The Machinist (2004) with only a single vitamin consultation with a nutritionist to guide him. For the most part, he only ate salads and apples, chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and drank nonfat lattes.
- Auditioned for the role of Jack Dawson in Titanic (1997) and almost got the role but people felt that it wouldn’t be “fair” having two Brits playing two Americans (Rose was American as well, she says in the movie that the Titanic was a slave ship bring her back to America).
- He was involved in an infamous incident where he was recorded verbally assaulting cinematographer Shane Hurlbut on the set of Terminator Salvation (2009) for interrupting him during an intense scene. Bale has since apologized, but the incident was widely heard across the Internet. Have a look here..
- If he plays an American character, he will use an American accent in all the interviews related to the film. He says he does this so the audience isn’t confused.
- Two of his most famous characters’ names have a difference of only one letter. Bateman and Batman.
- During the shooting of American Psycho, Bale spoke in an American accent off set at all times. At the wrap party, when he began to speak in his own British accent, many of the crew thought he was speaking that way as an accent for another film – they had thought he was American throughout the entire shoot.
Some facts taken from IMDB
- Christian Bale piles on weight for new role. (offtherecordontheqt.wordpress.com)
- Find your American accent (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Guy Dresses Up As Christian Bale In “American Psycho,” May Actually Be Christian Bale (buzzfeed.com)
- 5 Changes That Would Have Improved Terminator Salvation (jarviscity.com)
- Christian Bale (7gchristianbale1.wordpress.com)
- Christian Bale’s phone call brings a smile to young cancer patient (robot6.comicbookresources.com)