June 27, 2013 by Craig Sutherland
In 2009 Dreamworks released I Love You, Man starring Paul Rudd & Jason Segel the film is directed by John Hamburg and it’s funny as shit. So, Bro Montana, here’s what we learnt from watching the commentary track…
Commentators: John Hamburg, Paul Rudd & Jason Segel.
- Paul Rudd actually learnt fencing 15 years before ‘I Love You, Man‘.
- In an interview, Jon Favreau was asked if he considered himself ‘A mans man’, He looked at Jason Segel & Paul Rudd and said ‘ In this group, yes’.
- The SFX guy who worked on the film was called ‘Dick Wood’…
- Jason Segel had to have Uggs made for the film because they did not make size 13 mens.
- Paul Rudd wasted a entire mag of film ($5000 worth) because he could not stop laughing in the ‘man cave‘.
- Once Jason Segel was on his Vespa, he stopped at a red light, put both his feet down and a car hit him from behind and the Vespa shot out from underneath him leaving him standing there like Wile E. Coyote.
- The day after the ‘Slap the bass’ scene one of the prop guys came to set wearing an image of Paul Rudd air bass-ing with ‘I slap the bass’ written on it.
- J.K. Simmons is a big Detroit Tigers fan.
- Jamie Priestley drives a souped-up Cadillac.
- The guy that plays Hank Mardukas looks like a Hank Mardukas.
- Paul Rudd and John Hamburg quote ‘The Love Guru‘ far too much.
- Could ‘Prince Avalanche’ Be Paul Rudd’s Funniest Movie Yet? (contactmusic.com)
- This is The End. But I Wish it Wasn’t. (stupidrooster.wordpress.com)
- Overexposed! Actor Paul Rudd takes on new role as real-life world leader? (twitchy.com)
- Anchorman Sequel…In Space? (mrmovietimes.com)
- Movie: I Love You, Man (nadzblogging.wordpress.com)
- This is the End Clip: How to Ruin a Magazine (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Forgetting Jason Segel, Actor/Writer/Composer/Good Guy (markingtime4now.wordpress.com)