February 11, 2013 by Craig Sutherland
”It started with a chair”
I can’t count how many times I’ve seen this film. And yes, I’m a guy.
As many times as I’ve watched Juno I’ve listened to the soundtrack a hundred times more.
Juno was nominated for three Oscars in 2008, picking up one for Best Original Screenplay. The film made Diablo Cody (Writer) the go to girl for snappy original script in Hollywood. This is what I’ve learned for Juno MacGuff
1) ”Wizard”, Not only does this mean ‘Beardy dude with big sleeves and magical powers’ it’s also ”An exclamation of joy, similar to ‘cool’ or ‘great.’ Origins are unknown, but it is featured heavily in the book, ‘Lord of the Flies.’ Uses – “We can use Piggy’s specs to make a fire!” “Wizard!” – Urban Dictionary
2) ”All I Want Is You” by Barry Louis Polisar is a great song to set your opening titles to… Listen Here
3) The script is incredible, Ellen Page‘s interaction with Riann Wilson at the start is ridiculous…
Rainn Wilson (Rollo): ”What’s the prognosis fertile Mertle, minus or plus?”
Ellen Page (Juno MacGuff): ”Who knows, not seasoned yet … no, there it is, little pink plus sign is so unholy (Shakes pregnancy test furiously)
By the way, what the fuck is a home skillet?
4) Try as you might, you can’t hang yourself with strawberry cables, they are far too tasty…
5) Hamburger phones are the coolest even if they are actually awful for making phone calls and such.
6) Runners put deodorant on the inside of their thighs? Okay, cool.
7) ”All babies want get borned.”
8) J. Johan Jameson makes a pretty cool dad.
9) Michael Cera: ”Like I’d marry you! You’d be the meanest wife ever, okay? And I know that you weren’t bored that day because there was a lot of stuff on TV, and then ‘The Blair Witch Project‘ was coming on Starz and you were like ‘I haven’t seen this since it came out and if so we should watch it’ and then ‘but oh, no, we should just make out instead la la la’.”
10) Any film with Mott The Hoople’s ”All The Young Dudes” on the soundtrack is a massive win. Actually the entire soundtrack is amazing, check it out here…
11) Perfect way to end a film? With a song…
”It ended with a chair”
- Ellen Page (hilobrow.com)
- Young Adult (mrmovietimes.com)
- 7 Karakter Film Favorit (widysali.wordpress.com)